Sooooo since we can’t all be blessed like Megan, let’s talk bloating! Yep, we ALL deal with it. And the reasons for bloating vary from person to person. Sometimes you can blame dairy, alcohol, or sugar, and sometimes it’s just from overeating at brunch 😉 .
When I find myself feeling “fluffy” (idk why but that’s the best way to describe how I feel when I’m bloated haha), there are a few things I do to combat it and go back to feeling normal.
- Drink TONS of water. This will flush any extra salt out of your system that is making you hold on to some extra fluff around the tummy area.
- Have a cup of tea. Not scientific at all, but I’ve found drinking a cup of tea helps balance out any tummy troubles I might be having.
- Pop a couple of TUMS. Because let’s be real – TUMS solve pretty much anything going wrong in the tummy area.
- Focus on natural, minimally processed foods at your next meal. Stick to lean meats, whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies and try to avoid anything that comes out of a package.
- Get some rest. Most of the time if you are bloated at night after a day of eating or after eating too much, a good night’s sleep will give your body the time to digest and you will wake up looking right back to normal!